+$Computer Arts is launching the Unsung Heroes Awards, a new scheme that celebrates the exceptional behind-the-scenes designers and team members at your studio.
+$You won't see these people at the glittering industry awards ceremonies, but they're the backbone of your studio – and in the last 18 months they've done something amazing that deserves recognition.
+$We're talking about the middleweight designer whose brilliant stroke of creative genius led to the studio winning *that* client; the junior designer who learned After Effects out of hours to prove just how perfectly a logo might move; the studio or project manager who got that pivotal project out the door against the odds, or demonstrated extraordinary skill in building that tricky client relationship…
+$The winners will be profiled in a special extended feature inside Computer Arts issue 242, which hits the newsstand on 26 June 2015, and here on Creative Bloq.
+$Computer Arts' Unsung Heroes awards are aimed at the designers and studio members who have made a substantial – but unrecognised – contribution to a design agency, studio, team or project in the last 18 months, at any level.
+$The scheme champions the brilliant designers and the tireless individuals who work behind the scenes to keep a studio running, and ensure your projects are the very best they can be. These are the rules:
- +$You can't nominate yourself.
- +$Nominees must be individuals who would not, normally, receive personal recognition for their efforts. If this person has already been awarded for said effort, they're not eligible.
- +$The nominated contribution must have taken place between 1 Jan 2014 and 5 May 2015.
- +$All nominations must be received by 5:00pm Thursday 7 May 2015.
+$Studio heads and senior management (in particular) are encouraged to nominate members of their teams, but anyone can nominate a colleague or peer. If you know somebody who has made an outstanding contribution to a project, studio life or the wider creative industries – or consistently goes the extra mile – we want to hear about them
+$The scheme is free – there is no cost attached – and there is no limit on the number of entries you make.
+$What we're looking for
+$You might nominate somebody for a brilliant piece of design or design thinking, some outstanding studio promotion, new business, managing a tricky creative project or client relationship, and so on. The specific reason(s) you nominate somebody are entirely up to you, but here are some guidelines:
+$Do you know someone who has…
- +$Made an outstanding contribution to a project or studio life? (This could be in the context of design, production, studio/project management or other.)
- +$Consistently goes the extra mile, whether on the design-side or behind the scenes?
- +$Has played an active role in furthering the studio?
- +$Has helped support or develop the creative industries through an extra-curricular activity? (For example: they might organise/volunteer for a creative charity; teach for free; run a meet-up event; have curated an important exhibition/festival; dedicated their time/skills to a social project; helped campaign for design education etc.)
- +$Made an outstanding effort/contribution in a creative/design context, at any level, that hasn't been given the recognition it deserves?
- +$Any combination of any of the above...
+$How to nominate a studio member
+$To nominate somebody for a Computer Arts' Unsung Heroes award, please email email@example.com with the subject line: Computer Arts Unsung Heroes nomination.
+$And then please tell us, in 200 words or less:
- +$The name and job title of the nominee
- +$Why you're nominating them – what did they do and why was it so brilliant? How did they go above and beyond?
- +$The tangible/intangible results of their effort/contribution/attitude (etc). How has/did it affect the project/studio life?
- +$Please also tell us: how long the nominee has been at the studio
- +$Your name, job title and relationship to the nominee
- +$Name, location (town/city and country) and URL of the studio
+$Where relevant, please attach any supporting material: low-res JPEGs, photography, URLs and so on.
+$Entries Close At+$5:00pm Thursday 7 May 2015+$. Best Of Luck!